Many readers have written in asking what my all-time favorite books are. In this video post, I name a few favorites and explain why it’s so important to read both nonfiction and fiction.
My favorites are all over the map.
- I started getting serious about books when Jones started giving me biographies.
- Those biographies got me started reading in a way I’d never read before.
I read both fiction and nonfiction.
- For some reason, many people seem to look down on fiction, but you need both.
- Nonfiction books teach you facts; fiction, however, will fire you imagination in a way nonfiction never can. They allow you to use knowledge in different contexts.
One of my favorite fiction authors is Nelson DeMille because of the way he writes dialogue.
- My favorite book of his is called The Charm School.
Bernard Cornwell is a great storyteller, so I read him to learn how to tell stories.
- He writes stories from the Middle Ages, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, etc.
What are some of YOUR favorite books?