The Butterfly Effect (Bulk)
Order a minimum of 5 books and receive a 20% discount.
Order 12 – 23 books and receive a 40% discount.
Order 24 books or more book and receive a 45% discount.
How Your Life Matters
What if it were possible to dramatically increase the productivity of your business and alter your personal relationships simply by giving a book to your employees and friends? It will happen with The Butterfly Effect . . . not by encouragement (which is temporary), but because of the PROOF contained in this small book about how much each of them matters!
In 1963, Edward Lorenz made a presentation to the New York Academy of Sciences and was literally laughed out of the room. His theory, called The Butterfly Effect, stated that a butterfly could flap its wings and set air molecules in motion that in turn would move other air molecules — which would then move additional air molecules — eventually becoming able to influence weather patterns on the other side of the planet. For years this theory remained an interesting myth. In the mid 1990s, however, physics professors from several universities, working in tandem, proved that the butterfly effect was accurate, viable, and worked every time. It has since been accorded the status of a law and is now known in scientific circles as the technical notion of sensitive dependence on initial conditions.
Take Joshua Chamberlain, a schoolteacher from Maine who made one move 150 years ago that positively impacted an entire nation. By charging the enemy without ammunition — and defeating them — he set off a butterfly effect that lasts to this day.
The Butterfly Effect also includes the tale of Norman Borlaug, the man who hybridized corn and wheat for arid climates and has been credited with saving the lives of more than 2 billion people! The secret in his story is that Borlaug could never have accomplished his feat without Vice President Henry Wallace. But, if it hadn't been for George Washington Carver, Wallace would not have been in a position to help Borlaug. And without a farmer from Diamond, Missouri, Carver would have never even lived through infancy ...
The point? Everything you do matters. This little book is proof!
Who Should Read This Book Now
- The disheartened: people who have given up on life, developed a negative attitude, and are unable to find the answers that get them to where they would like to be
- The skeptics: people who question the happiness and success of others and wonder if life is simply a lottery ticket where some win and some lose
- Business people / entrepreneurs / achievers: those who are successful in their careers or in developing their own business ventures
- The pioneers, frontrunners, innovators, and leaders: from the U.S. president to the small business employer, from Camp David to the camp counselor — those individuals who embrace confidence and optimism while continually searching for tools to reach out to those they lead
From the Pages of the Book . . .
- The United States of America exists as it does today because of a single man: one thirty-four-year-old schoolteacher and one move he made more than a century ago.
- Know that your actions cannot be hoarded, saved for later, or used selectively. By your hand, millions — billions — of lives will be altered, caught up in a chain of events begun by you this day.
- Your actions have value far greater than silver or gold.
|Dimensions||24 × 24 × 24 in|
The Butterfly Effect
How Your Life Matters
Thomas Nelson Publishers
August 31, 2010
Whole Case (48 Books), Half Case (24 Books)