In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by Andy Traub.
A few weeks ago, Andy had the opportunity to speak in front of a large number of members of the U.S. Congress and their spouses. Before he spoke to them, he and A.T. discussed what the talk would be about.
What king of message should someone share when speaking to leaders, influencers, and decision-makers?
- You should always go in with a humble attitude.
- Show gratefulness for their service and their influence.
All leaders face criticism, so you have to take that into account.
- You may be thinking the leaders you are speaking to need to change some things, but that’s true with all leaders.
- You have to show a little grace if you’re hoping to engender change.
- If you go into a room of people and tell them they’re stupid and going in the wrong direction, the result you desire will not happen.
You have to remind them of the things they already know to be true.
- You may not be that qualified to speak about the specific type of work they are doing, but you can illustrate principles to them that are true no matter what they’re doing.
- Andy is not an expert in golf, but he was still able to talk to a group of the best female golfers in the world and help them bounce back from a rough start in the Solheim Cup.
Were you encouraged or helped by this podcast? Be sure to share this episode with a friend!
Questions for Listeners
- Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: [email protected]AndyAndrews.com