In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by Andy Traub.
On today’s podcast, Andy and A.T. discuss the techniques that are necessary to mastering goal setting.
Andy’s tip for goal-setting is to be honest with yourself
- If Moses had spent a little more time up on the mountain, he would have come down with an 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not kid thyself.
- Don’t set yourself up for defeat by trying to do something crazy.
- As opposed to saying, “I’m never eating brownies for the rest of my life,” try to not eat brownies for a week.
- Accomplish your goals in small chunks and you will eventually accomplish something major.
Reward yourself when you accomplish small milestones
- Don’t overdo it, but give yourself a small reward.
- It’s important to keep your morale up.
Be able to measure your goal
- The bathroom scale is a great tool.
- Find a “bathroom scale” to measure any goal you set.
Instead of always focusing on the ultimate goal, focus on the process
- Become a master of the little things you have to accomplish along the way to the ultimate goal.
- Never lose sight of what you must be doing right now.
Were you encouraged or helped by this podcast? Be sure to share this episode with a friend!
Questions for Listeners
- Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: [email protected]