In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by Andy Traub.
Andy and A.T. discuss the movies that Andy enjoys watching with his boys, his wife, and by himself.
What are some movies that really shaped Andy growing up?
- Andy saw a ton of Disney movies as a kid
- He loved the animal ones
- They gave him a great love for the outdoors
- He loved John Wayne movies and other Westerns
- He hated—and still does—horror movies
What movies did Polly and Andy enjoy when they were dating?
- Polly does not like to go see movies…in fact, she’s never even seen Star Wars!
What movies does Andy like to watch with his boys?
- A Christmas Story is one of his favorite movies
- Andy and his family watch it every year
- The reason why it appeals to him is because it conveys how a kid actually thinks about the world around him
- One of the good things about watching movies with kids is that all the great old movies are totally new to them
The Legend of Bagger Vanceis another one of his favorites.
- Disclaimer: Sports Illustrated actually listed it as one of the worst sports movies
- Andy wholeheartedly disagrees; it is a brilliant movie
Andy and Polly love O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- They sit there and quote every line
- “Gopher, Everett?”
What movies from the last five years did Andy really enjoy?
- True Gritblew Andy away, and he didn’t see it coming
- Why would you remake a movie that featured John Wayne and won an Oscar?
- About 15 minutes into the movie, Andy realized he was blown away
- He hates to say it…but he thinks it’s even better than the original
- Note: Andy accidentally referred to the directors of True Grit and O Brother, Where Art Thou? as the Farrelly Brothers. Both films were directed by the Coen Brothers.
Listeners, don’t forget to sign up for AT’s Early to Rise Challenge!
Questions for Listeners
- Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: [email protected]