In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by Andy Traub.
One of Andy’s favorite musicians and good friends, Jason Crabb, is on the show this week. Jason won Artist of the Year and Male Vocalist of the Year at last year’s Dove Awards. He and Andy discuss everything from music to the importance of practicing what you preach.
Andy asks: How did you get started in the business?
- His dad was a pastor, so he grew up in the church and learned how to communicate to people and play music
- Eventually, people started to take an interest in him and his family and they would get invited to perform all over the country
Andy asks: At what point did you realize you had a gift for singing?
- Jason thinks it’s more about being passionate and seeing how what you’re doing is affecting people in a positive way as opposed to thinking about your talent level and how much money you’re making
- So there wasn’t really one particular moment, but over the years he has been blessed enough to see the life-changing effects his music has had on people
Jason’s song “Somebody Like Me” is played
- It’s a song about accepting responsibility and accountability for taking care of one another
- Christianity has been painted the wrong way to the world, often due to our own self-righteous behavior
- Christianity is about love and taking care of your neighbor
- We have to watch what we say and do at all times, because our actions reflect on the entire group
- You can view the video for “Somebody Like Me” by clicking here
If you’re not familiar with Jason, click below to check him out online!
Questions for Listeners
- Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: [email protected]