In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by Andy Traub.
Andy and A.T. discuss a letter sent in by a podcast listener about the power of giving.
A.T. reads a letter from an In the Loop listener.
- The listener describes why he gives away so many copies of The Traveler’s Gift.
- He began giving the book away while in the midst of a year and a half of unemployment.
“Giving is an unbelievable action that continues to produce returns that are unexpected in nature.”
- The listener’s time of unemployment was mitigated by the preparation he had undertaken, not knowing whether a time like that would ever come.
- Maybe it would have lasted even longer had he not been prepared.
- He understood the power of giving away not just a book, but a kind of thinking.
This listener knew that during this difficult time in his life he couldn’t think like everyone else.
- If you’re doing what everyone else is doing, you’re doing something wrong…because not everyone is making it.
- If you want an above average life, you have to think outside of the average and what you see going on around you.
- The listener who wrote the letter probably had people telling him he didn’t need to be giving away books while he was unemployed and low on income.
- There is a lot of pressure from society to be normal. It takes a different way of thinking to overcome that pressure.
Living outside of the average will allow you to build a legacy for your family that will live on beyond your years.
- By setting an example of hard work and a different kind of thinking, your children will grow up with an understanding of those things
Questions for Listeners
- Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: [email protected]