In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by Andy Traub.
Andy talks parenting, marriage, and life with one of his favorite comedians and good friend Jeff Allen on this week’s episode of In the Loop.
Jeff has been one of Andy’s favorite comedians for years.
- Jeff and Andy had been fan of each others’ for years, but first really met and became friends during a Gaither cruise.
- They got to sit on the back row while everyone else was singing and make fun of them.
- They would consistently cause all the singers to laugh and get in trouble with Bill Gaither.
Andy believes that comedians know more about what children are doing than any other kind of adult, so he asks Jeff about his parenting and kids.
- Jeff says that he and his wife communicate in their own love and parenting language—bitterness and sarcasm.
- This, of course, is not one of the love languages Andy describes in The Noticer.
Jeff has been selling Andy’s newest release, How Do You Kill 11 Million People?, at his comedy shows.
- He was inspired to get it into the hands of voters before the upcoming election.
- He had been fed up with politics and elections for a long time, but the book got him interested in trying to do something about his concerns for the country again.
- He has had some really interesting dialogues with his friends of all political opinions because of the book.
- The trick of the book is to get people searching for the truth instead of trying to tell them what to believe.
- If we all are searching for the truth, shouldn’t we all eventually arrive at the same conclusions?
Andy wants his friends who are being introduced to Jeff Allen today to see a comedian who has not only lasted but has continued to increase his skills and success with different people.
- A hugely successful comedian is not only one of the smartest people you will ever meet, but one of the most serious.
- Jeff’s upcoming CD is titled Three-Word Vocabulary. Check out JeffAllenComedy.com to find him.
Questions for Listeners
- Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: [email protected]