In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
In this episode, we discuss the story of The Traveler’s Gift.
The Traveler’s Gift wasn’t successful right away.
- Fifty-one publishers rejected it over three and a half years.
- When the book was finally published, it didn’t sell through its initial 10,000 copies.
- At one point, Andy lost an entire chapter and had to rewrite it from scratch.
It took Andy about a year to write the book.
- Andy knew the ending and main points before he started.
- Andy asked his friends which historical figures to include.
- He wanted to write something to leave behind for his kids if he died before they had a chance to know him.
Kenny Rogers was critical.
- Kenny encouraged Andy to use the 7 Decisions in his show.
- This helped Andy realize that he could talk about serious topics.
Do you have a question for Andy? Call in and your questions might be features on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- Email: [email protected]