In the Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
In this episode, we discuss the keys to helping children who’ve recently lost a loved one.
Talk to them about what happened and what’s going to happen next.
- Explain to them their loved one’s last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven.
- Let them know they’ll be sad for a while, but the pain will go away.
Help fill in the gap.
- Teach them things their loved one would have taught them if they were still around.
- Let them know you’re there for them.
Don’t be afraid to ask them how they’re doing.
- Ask them if they think about their loved one.
- Tell them how their loved one impacted your life.
Tune in to hear what Andy recently said to two children who lost their father.
Questions for Andy
Would you like to run something by Andy? Contact us and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- Email: [email protected]