In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
In this episode, we discuss two listener questions regarding how to identify a reliable source and how to speak without notes.
How to Find a Credible and Reputable Source
Examine the “leaves” people drop.
- In The Noticer, Jones talks about how much you can learn about a tree from one of its leaves. The same is true for people.
- Look at someone’s actions long-term.
Be in a constant state of thought and prayer.
- Hone your instincts so you can trust them when looking for truth.
- No one is always right.
Secrets to Speaking Without Notes
You’re not just talking to people—you’re trying to impact their lives.
- The more you can get away from notes, the better.
- Great speakers connect their head and their heart.
Be friends with your audience.
- Get off the stage and interact with them.
- Speak directly to certain people.
Sit down to plan your speech.
- Outline 3-4 points (along with an introduction and conclusion).
- Cut down your notes.
- Practice without using any notes.
Tune in to hear an update on Andy’s new book, The Little Things.
Would you like to run something by Andy? Contact us and your question might be featured on the show!