In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, I answer a listener question on reigniting your passion when obligation gets in the way.
We’ve all been in a situation where we were doing something we thought we were passionate about, but the results are not what we think they ought to be.
- When I feel like I’m doing something out of obligation, I first ask myself, “Who am I obligated to?”
- If the passion is not there enough to carry the activity in and of itself, I think of the people relying on me for something and remind myself of their value.
- Are they valuable to our country? Their families?
- Would I be willing to honor my family, or God, by helping someone else I don’t even know?
- Because I’m not doing it for them specifically. I’m doing it because I’ve been given the ability to do it.
To not use your gift in ways that can help other people is dishonoring.
- I can talk to myself and give myself a great opportunity to look beyond myself, the income, and even the people I’m trying to help.
- It’s important to realize you’re working for something bigger and longer-term.
Tune in to hear the bottom-line answer for hanging in there when the passion seems to be gone.
Questions for Andy
Would you like to run something by Andy? Contact us and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- Email: [email protected]