In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, I answer a listener question on how to deal with resentment from a husband.
A struggling marriage overrides the good things that have happened.
- It affects the income, work and family relationships, and the household the kids are growing up in.
- You’ve heard of “fight or flight”—well, guys get into fights over feeling disrespected.
- When a man is disrespected, his first instinct is to want to hit something. So when dealing with his wife, flight is the only answer to him and he withdraws.
You may have heard of the M1 tank.
- It can literally be going 60 mph over crazy terrain and put a shell in somebody’s pocket 3 miles away.
- This thing has been created to withstand missile strikes, but if anyone gets inside it, you can destroy it with a hammer and screwdriver.
- Your husband is an M1 tank, and disrespect from the woman who has his heart is like swinging a hammer around inside him.
- If you want to make things better than they ever were, you’re going to need to ask for forgiveness. I’m sure there are also things he needs to ask forgiveness for, but you can only control your own actions.
Tune in to learn what Andy believes is by far the best book on marriage relationships that’s ever been written—one he urges every married couple, struggling or not, to read.
Questions for Andy
Would you like to run something by Andy? Contact us and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- Email: [email protected]