In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, we’re recording from my office in Orange Beach, Alabama, and talking about the “wall of influence” that sits across from my desk.
I have been around people successful in entertainment, business, and politics, and have seen them hit a point in their career where they turned kind of monstrous.
- It’s an odd world to live in where people say, “You’re great. You changed my life.”
- If you’re not prepared to deal with that, I see how you could turn into an idiot!
- I have an “influence wall” to remind me where I’m from. Whatever it is that I am, these people are the ones who deserve the credit.
- Every time I look at that wall, I am reminded of an umbrella of authority.
If you look at people’s lives that have gotten out of control after having a lot of success, it’s because they have no authority in their lives.
- While we watch “heroes” in our modern day, everyone thinks they’re great until we find something out that’s leaked to the public.
- To our kids, that’s one more notch of disappointment that makes them think, “Oh, well that’s how people really are.”
- Everyone on my influence wall is on my board of directors, but not everyone on my board of directors is on the wall.
- The board of directors is something that ebbs and flows.
If you have an influence wall, take a picture of it and email it to us at [email protected].
Tune in to the full episode to learn about some of the people Andy considers major influences and authority figures in his life.
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: [email protected]