In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, I talk about the new “anger management”—conflict resolution.
When I hear the term still used, I always think, “Anger management? Why would you want to manage something like that and not get rid of it?”
- You can defuse a conflict, but that doesn’t mean it’s over.
- If the underlying causes of a conflict are not dealt with, there really is no resolution.
Society believes two things about change.
- You must have a deep desire to change.
- You have to be at rock bottom.
However, I believe the two things people need are…
- An understanding of what’s in it for them.
- Proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the change will be good.
When something is demonstrably good for you, that change will occur whether you are looking for it or not.
Imagine conflict resolution as two people across from each other on opposite sides, playing double solitaire.
- You’re both trying to get rid of all your cards in the same line.
- You both win, or you both lose.
- The only way to win is to not hold any cards back.
A resolution to conflict is going to require change, and the change must have both parties winning.
Are you feeling “stuck” in some part of your life?
- I put together a free 3-part video series on the exact process I went through to move forward in multiple areas of my life.
- You’ll get a couple of cool free gifts when you participate in the series.
- Check it out here: GuidedTraveler.com
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: [email protected]