In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by David Loy
On this week’s episode, I answer listener questions about time-travel and my switch from comedy to whatever it is that I do now.
Would you rather go into the future to meet your great grandchildren, or travel backward and meet your great grandparents?
- If I went into the future to meet my great grandchildren, I wouldn’t learn anything from them that will change my life and in turn allow me to change their lives.
- The best I could do is try to convince them to do something or not do something.
- If I went back into time, I think it would give me a lot of insight as to why my family dynamic came along the pathway that it did.
Wisdom is a little beyond knowledge.
- I hear people say, “My grandparent was such a wise person,” and then turn around and ask where all the wise people are today.
- Technology makes things so fast and allows for an amazing flow of knowledge and information.
- However, I really believe wisdom requires quiet and time.
How did you know when it was time to change speaking platforms from comedy to what you do now?
- I had always been interested in communicating something, but there was no way that I could be just a speaker in my twenties.
- I’m not saying that people in their twenties can’t provide wisdom.
- Comedy was just my way of being on stage.
I can remember when I was on tour with Kenny Rogers, and we started talking about Jones and the Seven Decisions.
- He said that I should put some of the Seven Decisions talk in my show between jokes.
- Slowly I kept adding in a little more, and eventually more people were talking about the “serious” bits that I did. It kind of shifted on its own.
- It’s a strange platform but it’s fun and flexible.
Questions for Listeners
Do you have a question? Call in and your question might be featured on the show!
- Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
- E-Mail: [email protected]