You become the people with whom you spend time.
- Your mom told you this years ago, but it’s still true for adults.
What is a true friend?
- Many people say, “A true friend is someone who accepts me as I am.”
- That is a garbage definition of a true friend.
- A true friend holds you to a higher standard and holds you accountable for your actions.
A true friend is like a great tennis partner.
- If you want to be great at tennis, play someone who is better than you.
- Life is the same way.
If your child is hanging out with someone who you know is going to get them into trouble, you tell them and you put a stop to it.
- The only difference for adults is that, most of the time, no one is going to tell you when this is happening.
- It’s something you have to discern by assessing all of your relationships.