Episode 51: What You Need to Know About the Upcoming Election
Friday, September 7, 2012
In The Loop with Andy Andrews, hosted by Andy Traub.
Andy offers an encouraging perspective on the approaching presidential election and gives listeners bits of wisdom they can apply in political conversations. He also tackles the all-important question—for whom should we vote?
One thing that everyone agrees with, everyone should be told the truth.
- The next question is, what is the truth? What’s your truth, my truth, his or her truth? There is a variation on the theme of truth.
- There is only one truth, and the truth defines itself. The truth will also define someone who works within those parameters.
The two reasons why most people don’t vote:
- People don’t feel like their one vote will make any difference.
- By the time the election comes around, people have poor opinions on both candidates because the person whom they wanted didn’t receive a nomination.
Things to consider when determining for whom to vote:
- This is not about an election as much as it’s about a direction and where our country is headed.
- Examine what you believe, and measure that against what the candidates believe.
- Knowing the difference between being moral and doing what’s right in action.
- A good leader is much like a good parent. Meaning, you’re not concerned with what the child wants right now more than what’s going to be best for the child long term. They have the ability to look down the road and tell the child what they may not want to hear right now, but what we know is the best decision for their future.
Questions for Listeners
- What factors do you consider when looking at political candidates?
o Phone: 1-800-726-ANDY
o E-Mail: InTheLoop@AndyAndrews.com